As well this page, we also keep residents up to date with their work via the Facebook page: www.facebook.com/moretonsaughallmassie
Our priorities for Moreton and Saughall Massie:
- Improving road safety and fixing roads and pavements
- Protecting our green spaces and Green Belt
- Bringing a new 'banking hub' to Moreton
- Action on grot spots and fly tipping
- Keeping in touch with residents all year round and not just at election time
1. Councillor Vida Wilson
Vida was first elected in May 2022 having first became involved in local politics with Chris Blakeley, fighting to save Fender Farm.
- Vice Chair of governors at Sandbrook Primary School, Moreton
- Former Chairman of the British Insurance Brokers Association for Merseyside, North Wales and Isle of Man.
- Council appointee to the Saughall Massie Village Conservation Area Committee
- Led the campaign to save Green Belt at Fender Farm, Moreton
- Vida's page on the Council website (including contact details)
2. Councillor Colin Baldwin
Colin lives off Saughall Massie Lane. During his career, Colin was a care worker for the elderly in their homes and then for adults with autism, learning and physical difficulties.
- Served previously as a volunteer driver for the Moreton Day Centre
- Colin backs the campaign to bring back banking to Moreton
3. Councillor Gary Bennett
Gary lives near Moreton Cross and works as a Hackney cab driver. Before this, Gary served in the British Army in West Germany, Hong Kong and Northern Ireland.
- Locally, Gary campaigned for local road safety improvements in Moreton
- Supports the campaign to protect Green Belt around Saughall Massie
Chris worked really hard for our community. I am more than happy with the work being done by Vida, Colin and Gary to continue that
- Sandra Blakeley