What's the most important issue in your community? Is it the state of the local park, the need for more activities for young people, improving services for older people, making the roads safer or ensuring that local businesses can thrive?
Whatever needs changing in your neighbourhood, you could be just the person to change it by becoming a local councillor. No other role gives you a chance to make such a huge difference to quality of life for people in your local area.
Here in the Wallasey Constituency, we are keen to recruit candidates who, if elected, can make a difference to their local communities. The local Party supports a candidate with campaign assistance, publicity, advice and guidance.
We're already starting work to recruit the people who can make a difference to their communities. Councillors come from all walks of life and are an important link between the people they represent and the way decisions are taken in the Town Hall.
There are currently 6 local Conservative councillors in the constituency and 12 Labour councillors. There are no Liberal Democrat or Green Councillors - they are too far behind in elections and can't win here.
We're keen to welcome people who are:
Reliable, calm under pressure
Committed to making a difference to their local area
To be a councillor, you must be:
- British or a citizen of the Commonwealth
- At least 18 years old
- Registered to vote in the area or have lived, worked or owned property there for at least 12 months before an election
- To be a Conservative Councillor you must also be a member
You can’t be a councillor if you:
- Work for the council you want to be a councillor for, or for another local authority in a politically restricted post
- Are the subject of a bankruptcy restrictions order or interim order
- Have been sentenced to prison for three months or more (including suspended sentences) during the 5 years before election day
- Have been convicted of a corrupt or illegal practice by an election court
If you'd like to know more, fill in the form below and we'll be in touch.