Pensioners across Wallasey and Moreton have welcomed news that the Triple Lock will continue to protect the value of their state pension.
As the Government looks to control spending, following the support given during the pandemic to protect jobs and, more recently, the war in Ukraine, there had been speculation that the Triple Lock would be axed.
Today it has been confirmed that the Triple Lock will remain, meaning the State Pension will continue to rise by inflation, wages or 2.5%, whichever is higher.
Since 2010, the State Pension has risen by £2,300. Current Pension rates can be found here
As well as the Triple Lock for the State Pension, extra help for the cost of the living for pensioners includes:
- £400 discount on energy bills, starting this month
- £650 Cost of Living Payment if in receipt of Pension Credit
- £300 on top of the existing Winter Fuel Payment
- Details of the help that is currently available with the cost of living for households and businesses can be found here
- Age UK also offer impartial advice and information here
© Ian Lewis 2022