Cheshire and Wirral Area Management Executive: the 'Area Team' oversees the Party's activity across Cheshire and Wirral and is elected annually. The Chair is Kate Vaughan. More info here. Using monies raised at the successful Annual Dinner and Conference, the Area Team supports Associations with campaign projects.
Wallasey is one of the Parliamentary constituencies in the Cheshire and Wirral Area. It is run by volunteers and Party members who are members of the Wallasey Conservative Association.
Members of the Conservative Association are members of the Conservative Party and enjoy all the features of membership, including choosing a Party leader and local candidates.
Members will receive occasional email updates from:
The Party Leader
- Cabinet members
- National Party HQ
- Cheshire and Wirral Area Conservatives
- Wallasey Conservative Association
- Local Conservative Councillors and candidates
Who runs our local Association:
President: the 'job' of the Honorary President is to Chair the local party's Annual General Meeting, held each year in June. Our President for 2022/23 is Ann Lavin
Association Management Team:
- Chairman: Councillor Paul Hayes
- Deputy Chairman (Membership & Fundraising): Margaret Kalil
- Deputy Chairman (Politics & Campaigning): Councillor Ian Lewis
- Treasurer: Janice Price
Two representatives of each ward:
- Leasowe & Moreton East
- Liscard & Egremont
- Moreton West and Saughall Massie
- New Brighton
A Secretary to the Executive Council and up to four co-opted members.
The Executive Council has appointed two sub-committees:
- Local Government Approvals Committee: to interview and assess applicants wishing to become candidate for local council, using the procedures as published by the Party Board.
- Campaign Committee: to oversee the Party's political campaigns in all six wards. The Chairman of this committee for 2022/23 is Cllr. Ian Lewis